We offer a free, intensive programme for adults with a disability who are committed to finding employment.
Do you still have a good chance of finding work but need some support? Maybe due to your disability work isn’t easy to find. Or perhaps you’re just out of touch with job search techniques and need a helping hand to brush up your skills.
Are you strongly motivated to get work?
We help you get the skills you need, including retraining into a new area of work if necessary.
We deliver this through a DWP programme called Residential Training for Disabled Adults www.gov.uk/residential-training. You can apply for this programme if you are a disabled adult.
Join our employment programme and you’ll have the support of our small team, who will:
- Improve your job search skills so that you have the best chance of getting the job you want.
- Develop your experience through work placements, giving you the confidence and recent work history to find employment.
- Encourage you towards your employment goals through regular support and progress reviews.
- Subject to your progress, give you the opportunity to apply for paid short term work placements.
Our programme can provide you with:
- Skills development such as IT, literacy, numeracy and communication.
- Training to become proficient in popular access technology.
- Occupational qualifications through RNIB College and Loughborough College.
- Employment workshops such as CV writing, confidence skills, mock interviews, access to employers, career guidance and support in applying for jobs.
- Independent living skills if you need to develop your confidence when living and working independently.
Established in 1989 the College is expert in supporting people with disabilities but small enough to offer a supportive individualised service.
- Many people on our employment programme stay in our residential accommodation during the week. You don’t have to, it is up to you.
- We can also help with travel costs, and loans of specialist equipment for your placements.
- You’d typically stay with us for six months.
Ready to find out more?
Why not book on an Open Day and see for yourself?
Call: 01509 611077
RNIB College Loughborough will be having their Family Open Day on Saturday 4 October, between 10:00am – 2:00pm. Attendees will have the opportunity to visit the College and their purpose built accommodation. They will find out all about life at the College and hear about learning in the College enterprises such as the Bell Bar, College Arts Centre, College Office, and eBay shop. Attendees will also be able to meet students, staff and Governors. To book a place call 01509 631220 or email@example.com to confirm your attendance.