The countdown for the Paralympics has been reset, and to build excitement, British Blind Sport has released a Paralympian Podcast series.
Delivered over Zoom, the podcast is set to start on Friday 3 July at 11am. Episodes will run live at the same time every other week and feature different athletes in each podcast.
Members and service users of British Blind Sport (BBS) are invited to join several Zoom podcast sessions with a range of celebrated Paralympians.
Athletes set to appear include Sophie Thornhill MBE, David Clarke, Roy Turnham with Hannah Russell MBE starting off the series.
The podcasts will be delivered via Zoom, giving members and service users the opportunity to dial in and watch the interviews first hand.
There will also be the opportunity for audience members to ask questions during the live episodes, or submit questions beforehand via Facebook.
“I’m really excited to be starting this new project for British Blind Sport,” enthused BBS Participation Officer, David.
“It’s a great way to allow our service users to engage with their sporting heroes and to hear first-hand the highs and lows of professional sport!
“We’ve got a great line up of guests for our podcast series, and I can’t wait to get the chance to get to know more about them and their careers.”
The Paralympian Podcast line up is:
- Friday 3 July, 11am – Hannah Russell MBE, British Paralympic swimmer
- Friday 17 July, 11am – Noel Thatcher MBE, British Paralympic runner
- Friday 31 July, 11am – Roy Turnham, British Paralympic footballer
- Friday 14 August, 11am – Sophie Thornhill MBE, British Paralympic tandem cyclist
- Friday 28 August, 11am – Roy Smith MBE, British Paralympic high jumper
- Friday 11 September, 11am – Mike Brace CBE, British Paralympic cross-country skier
- Friday 25 September, 11am – David Clarke, British Paralympic footballer