Entrepreneur Jane is so passionate about her Nicosy that she is stepping out of retirement to steer its success, building a team of the best people, who also feel strongly about her product to help ensure it reaches wheelchair users that are looking for a way to be easily comfortable and cosy.
During her successful debut at NAIDEX in 2019, Jane was happy to be able to supply a Nicosy to one lady, Jan, there and then.
Jan is local, and was impressed by the quality of the item.
Following the purchase, she immediately placed it on her wheelchair, and she continued to use it for the entirety of the show.
The following day, Jan returned to explain that she had been comfortable and snug the whole time.
It was in fact, the first time she could remember that she has not really suffered from the cold, which worsens her condition, and she was ‘delighted’ with her purchase.
Why it is different?
Most wheelchair users will use a blanket to keep themselves comfortable and warm, however these can become tangled in the wheels.
With a strap that fastens directly to the back of the chair a Nicosy will not slip down, and when wrapped over the legs is secured by non-snag Velcro which means everything stays nicely in place. It really is great for everyone…
- An additional extendable strap is included in your purchase
- It is suitable for adults and kids
- It is easy to clean and care for
Each Nicosy is made in Britain – and can be cut to order allowing choice of fabric design and fitting to be unique for the customer.
It is thoroughly inspected at each stage to ensure quality before finally being carefully packed up and delivered to its owner.
You can buy the standard sizes (small, medium or large) but to have a Nicosy custom made so that it suits your exact requirements. Visit www.nicosy.co.ukto see how you can custom yours!
How is a Nicosy made?
- Single sheet of polar fleece fabric is hand cut to shape
- This is adjusted for custom orders
- For bespoke orders there are 70+ colour options to choose from
- Strong strap is sewn on (no glue)
- Velcro is stitched on and the waist elastic is stitched in
- Finally pockets and labels are applied.
- Your Nicosy is passed through a thorough, final examination to ensure it is perfect
- Product is hand packed and sent to you directly