Disabled motorists and their families can get out and about and enjoy the warmer weather this summer with a reliable new car leased through the Motability Scheme. The Scheme’s new summer price list gives disabled motorists a choice of over 2,000 affordable vehicle options.
The latest Motability Scheme price list for July to September 2016 features cars from 33 manufacturers, including Nissan, Toyota, Vauxhall and Peugeot. There are over 500 cars available to lease for £0 Advance Payment, including the Mazda 3 2.0 automatic which features satellite navigation and air conditioning, Kia Sportage 1.6 and the semi-automatic Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 Feel.
Customers can also choose from over 150 cars available to lease for less than the mobility allowance, such as the Suzuki Swift 1.2 SZ2 from £53.75 per week.
The price list includes around 1,000 automatic vehicles with around 100 of these available with no Advance Payment required, such as the Seat Leon 1.4. For a more environmentally friendly option, there are over 600 low emission vehicles to choose from including the Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Acenta from £0 Advance Payment or the Toyota Auris 1.8 Icon Hybrid from £545 Advance Payment.
To lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair through the Motability Scheme, disabled people who receive either the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance, Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment, War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement or Armed Forces Independence Payment choose to use their weekly allowance payment to pay for the lease of a vehicle of their choice.
There are three pricing bands available for those looking to lease a car through the Motability Scheme:
- Cars that cost less than the mobility allowance – these cars are available to lease at a fixed weekly amount for the whole of the agreement, meaning the remainder of the allowance, including any increases, will be paid directly to the customer by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- Cars that cost the same as the mobility allowance – customers simply pay all of their weekly mobility allowance, including any annual increases from the DWP, to lease the car of their choice.
- Cars that cost all of the mobility allowance and also have an Advance Payment – customers can increase their choice of cars by paying a non-refundable payment upfront, known as the Advance Payment. This covers the difference between the allowance amount and the total cost of the lease.
Mike Betts, chief executive, Motability Operations Ltd, said:
“With such a wide variety of vehicles for disabled motorists to choose from, our summer pricing list ensures that our customers can find the right car to fit their needs. With our worry-free motoring package drivers have their insurance, servicing, replacement tyres and breakdown cover all included in the cost of the lease.”
Further highlights of the July to September 2016 Motability Scheme price list include:
- Fiat 500x 1.3 Pop from just £56.75 per week
- Ford Grand C-MAX 1.0 Zetec ACS from £0 Advance Payment which features parking sensors and autonomous emergency braking
- Hyundai Tucson 1.6 from £0 Advance Payment and features air conditioning
- Honda CR-V 2.0 from £299 Advance Payment
There are also over 500 Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles available to lease through the Motability Scheme, and more than 400 vehicle adaptations to choose from, with over 150 at no additional cost.
Please visit motability.co.uk for more information, or call 0800 935 7000. The models and prices featured are available from 1 July to 30 September 2016.