Store Person – Lockstore
HMP Full Sutton, York
£20,965 – £21,488
The Technical Locking team are a small remote regional based team that sit within the Prisons Account Management & Central Estates Team function of the MoJ Property Directorate. The team provide and manage a service delivery operation that procures, stores, recycles and distributes HMPS locks and locking components to HMPPS and crown courts; providing technical knowledge and advice on all matters related to disclosures and key compromises and providing support to HMPPS on maintaining locking schedule and requisite Management Information (MI) in discharging the locking services contract.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Implement and maintain stock location systems and ensure that stock is held in the correct location
- Unload/load suppliers’ vehicles in a safe and prompt manner
- Collect and process promptly all goods that are delivered
- Distribute received goods that are for collection and obtain a signed receipt
- Manage stock levels in line with management procedures, applying clear mechanisms and processes for tracking, recording and monitoring stock identifying when minimum levels are being reached to re-order accordingly. Participate in bi-annual stock take – including the use of the Inventory system where required.
- Check all secure lock requisitions for accuracy
- Logging and monitoring Disclosure suit stock
- Operate mechanical handling equipment as required
- Return goods to suppliers and identify stock for recycling after confirmation from Line Manager/Lock Store Manager
- Advise, help and support responding to customer queries from HMPPS on status of orders submitted and deal with outside contractors/suppliers as required
- Working collaboratively with immediate and wider team to identifying and implement more efficient working practices not administrative processes
- Advice, help and support
- Compliance with all PPE and Health & safety statutory regulations
- Some travel to the Project Delivery team location in Petty France may be required
For more details and to apply, visit our website.
Closing date: 23:55 on 23 March 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.